ARE YOU HIRING CORRECTLY?
Most businesses do not understand the hiring process and may be going about it in the incorrect way. This is understandable as this is not the business’ focus, however incorrect placements can be very costly and time consuming. Trolling LinkedIn or social media for candidates may not be the best source as these are mostly passive candidates not looking to move. Companies who use electronic applications need to ensure the software and algorithms are not throwing out your best candidates due to incorrect key words.
Trends indicate that more employers are hiring from outside and not from the current workforce. The reason for this is that they would not need to train the employee up as they would already have the skillset required and bring in new ideas. Companies are hiring due to non-retention to a large extent and not growth for a new skill and employees consider moving a “step up”. Employees without movement internally generally earn lower salaries than most new hires and this causes the existing employees to spend time and energy on either re-positioning themselves in the current company or looking for positions elsewhere. Outside hiring is not a bad idea but companies should possibly look at retention.
During these trying times, employers are looking at reducing costs or looking into technology to replace manual labour as much as possible. However, companies should not compromise on hiring the best candidate for the position. With that in mind, Collier will make every effort to find out the culture of your firm to ensure we place the best candidates.
“For People Who Count”
Collier has highly skilled and excellent candidates ready to join your team in 2021. Please contact us with your requirements and we will be pleased to assist you with your placements.
|Accounts / Tax Manager – Alberton – RNeg
- Full function of Debtors & Creditors
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable
- Completion and submission of Directors Income Tax returns and assistance with all tax matters
- External company completion of individual and company tax returns on e-filing and checking assessments
- Company VAT returns
- Managing company fleet services
|Personal Assistant / Property Manager – Gauteng – RNeg
- Filing, appointments, admin
- Purchase orders, expense claims and invoices
- Rental contracts, banking
- Co-ordinating renovations
|Boilermaker – Koster – RNeg
- Maintaining TMM machines, solo, dump trucks, LHD, Axera, Bolter, Bob Cats, ARD
- Scheduling rebuilds
- Ordering parts
- Fabricating belly plates and transmission covers
- Checking buckets for corrosion and cracks
- Maintenance of feeders, chutes, jaw crushers, grizzlies, cone crushers, nip guards and fabricating
|Accounting clerks – Various candidates looking for opportunities
- BCom Accounting degree
- Payables, receivables, cash management.
- Capture, maintenance and reconciling monthly credit invoices and statements
- Payments to creditors
- Requesting invoices from clients, preparation of bank reconciliations, preparation of payment requisitions